EP168: Tim Bratz Dives Deep on Going from Solopreneur to Entrepreneur, Multifamily, Private Money, JV Relationships, and How to Triple Your Income by Tapping Into Your Unique Ability
Tim Bratz invested in his first house in 2009 and now currently holds over 500 rental units in his own portfolio. He was a solopreneur up until a few years ago, but now with a team backing him, he is able to buy, renovate, and sell over 100 properties per year. On the show, Tim shares an important lesson on why he thought that paying $30,000 for a basketball event was absolutely ridiculous, at first, but by asking the right questions and changing his perspective, he ended up making over $700,000 in business by attending that event.
- Who is Tim and what does his business look like today?
- Instead of making statements, try to ask better questions instead.
- Tim shares a story about how he changed his mindset and ended up paying $30,000 for a basketball game. He was able to raise $700,000 for a deal because of it.
- Stop looking at everything as an expense. Instead, look at how you can invest your money wisely.
- Alex shares how he was able to think bigger and raise more money for a charity event in December by keeping an open mind.
- How did Tim go from being a solopreneur to an entrepreneur?
- Tim discusses what steps he took that ended up tripling his income.
- Tim shares how he structures his partnerships and splits the profit with his partners.
- Paying the investor is more important than the deal itself. Don’t burn those bridges.
- Tim works in Ohio, Georgia, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania. They’re usually townhouses or apartment buildings.
- Don’t get tripped up on the details. Build up your experience, build up your resume, and then adjust accordingly.
- It’s not hard to do private money if you have these three factors: A solid deal, a great return, and a good reputation.
- How can someone break into a private money market?
- You don’t have to hustle your face off and grind to create passive income.
- Tim shares a few action steps you can take right now to get started with private money.
- Tim paid for a $30,000 mastermind group. It was a tough expense to swallow, but the investment has paid back immensely.
- What’s one piece of advice Tim would give to his 25-year-old self?
The Flip Empire Inner Circle
Want to close more deals and generate more revenue? Have questions you want to ask me? Interested in generating more leads, creating systems, automating your business, or just growing as an Entrepreneur? This isn’t your typical coaching program that charges you b/w $5,000 – $50,000. This is a small community of experienced, like-minded, successful Real Estate Investors. Click To Apply, and let’s talk!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Interested in joining The Flip Empire Inner Circle (Small Group Consulting Program), apply here: Flipempire.com/application
Leave us a review here: Flip Empire on iTunes
Email Alex: Alex@FlipEmpire.com
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!