EP160: Gabriel Garcia on How to Avoid this $200,000 Mistake!
Gabriel Garcia is the Vice President of FL Home Cash Buyers, LLC. Gabriel started wholesaling in 2013 and today he and his business partner are hitting 7-figures. How did Gabriel go from one deal to 90 within a short amount of time? How does he do it without killing himself on 80-hour work weeks and sacrificing family life? Gabriel goes into a deep dive on how he made it all work without compromising his values and vision and also shares the business principles (that you can use no matter what industry you’re in) he learned from losing $200,000 on failed rehab projects.
- Gabriel got really serious about real estate investing in 2013. Fast forward to today and he and his partner have a 7-figure a year business. How did Gabriel grow so fast?
- Who is Gabriel and why did he get into real estate?
- Gabriel closed his first deal, with the help of a mentor, in 4-5 months after starting.
- Today, Gabriel is looking to do about $2,000.000 in revenue and 90 wholesale deals. In the month of November, he had a $300,000 revenue, his best month ever!
- At the end of the day, it comes down to vision. It comes down making a decision on what you want your life to look like.
- What do you want your business to do for you and your family? Start with the end in mind.
- Again, it’s all about the mindset. It sounds crazy/unbelievable, but it’s the driving force.
- Set your boundaries. There were plenty of times where Gabriel and his business partner could have worked weekends, but they never did.
- Instead of hustling on Fridays like everyone else, Gabriel would sit and discuss ways to make the business better and if they were still being true to their vision.
- The challenges in your life are what sharpen your expertise!
- Gabriel talks about a cash flow formula that has really helped him. He learned it from the book Scaling Up.
- The more successful you become the more opportunities that come your way. This is actually a bad thing because it then becomes that much harder to avoid shiny object syndrome.
- What will this new opportunity cost you? You have to weigh the pros and cons.
- What CRM does Gabriel use?
- Where does Gabriel see the market going in the next six-months-to-a-year?
- Gabriel lost $200,000 this year. Because of it, he set systems in place to never be in a position like that again. Your business needs a cushion to sit on.
- Your personal life and your business both need an ‘oh shit’ fund.
- Gabriel puts 6% away into his profit account and then puts another 5% into the tax account after every single closing. He makes sure everything is covered and there are no surprises.
- What are Gabriel’s thoughts on how to build long-term wealth?
The Flip Empire Inner Circle
Want to close more deals and generate more revenue? Have questions you want to ask me? Interested in generating more leads, creating systems, automating your business, or just growing as an Entrepreneur? This isn’t your typical coaching program that charges you b/w $5,000 – $50,000. This is a small community of experienced, like-minded, successful Real Estate Investors. Click To Apply, and let’s talk!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Interested in joining The Flip Empire Inner Circle (Small Group Consulting Program), apply here
If you have already closed some wholesale deals, have the financial resources to invest in yourself, and would like to chat with Alex about working 1-on-1, go here to schedule a call.
Episode 44: Gabriel Garcia Reveals How Real Estate Investors Can 10X Their Business
Episode 140: Shaun McCloskey on Living a Lifeonaire Lifestyle
Scaling Up, by Verne Harnish
The E-myth, by Michael E. Gerber
If you are an experienced investor, I highly recommend this CRM system. REIvolution gives you exactly what you want when you need it, and nothing more. Save yourself stress & time by using the Real Estate solution created with you in mind:
- Lead Management
- Top Notch Flows & Automations (like automated follow-up sequences)
- Rehab Management
- Financial Tracking
Connect w/ Gabriel on Facebook
Leave us a review here: Flip Empire on iTunes
Email Alex: Alex@FlipEmpire.com
Ask Alex A Question:
Have a question you want featured on an upcoming Flip Empire Show?
Head over to the Ask Alex page, and record your question. We’ve made it super easy for you, so let us know what challenges you are having, and Alex will answer it personally!
Did you get your FREE Online Course?
Text the word EMPIRE to 67076, and we’ll send you a link to get instant access to the “5 Ways To Scale Your Real Estate Wholesaling Business To Six Figures (In 6 Months Or Less)” video module training course.
Subscribe To The Flip Empire Show, and Leave a Rating & Review!